Existing Member?

Gundry Adventure

New Faces and New Places

ECUADOR | Saturday, 26 January 2008 | Views [507]

Following a couple of days travelling back from Bolivia to Cuzco, our favourite city in Peru, our best laid travellers plans to spend the night at the airport unfortunately went to pot after Nigel luckily realised the airport was such overnight.  So breathing a sigh of relief that we had not turned up at a locked door at midnight we checked into out first backpackers hostel where we spent the most uncomfortable, smelly and awkward night sharing the bottom bunk in a room with 6 other people.  The hostel was unfortunately a party hostel!!  Not a great experience and one we were happy to leave behind at 5am this morning to reach our flight to Ecuador.

So here we are safe and sound despite being hauled into a back room to have our bags searched.  They didn´t bat an eyelid at our mass drugs supplies just confiscated our lighter and lighter sticks for the hand warmer.  They didn´t know who they were messing with.!!

So tomorrow we are off to the Galapagos Islands for 6 days and will check back in with you then as we warm up for the Rio Carnival.  Sending all out love to the sea lions and crabs and iguanas and hope the bring back some amazing photos to share with you all.

Tags: on the road

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.