Existing Member?

Painting With Light i used to be inspired by stories till I realized a storyteller made them so. Then I began to be inspired by storytellers.

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 14 October 2012 | Views [580] | Scholarship Entry

People take you to new places of thought.
My meeting with Mala Khamisha, a lac-craftsmen from Kutch, Gujarat, revealed that his treatment of time was not in hours, but in effort, and in creating his craft. His craft is not just his art form; it is his way of living in itself.
Stories have been carved, scratched, painted, printed and of course, recorded on film, and in digital form. I think it is important to study its form in today’s context. I studied filmmaking for 2 years after a base in art and design. There are 2 main cinematic concerns that I keep exploring in order to find one’s own poetics of the image: the point of view(as a narrative tool, and a formalistic one),and the constant internal rearrangement of the frame. My way of looking at the world through multiple lenses is by interacting through a camera lens. I have dabbled with many mediums. Oils, acrylics...But my favorite kind of painting is that with light. If selected for this scholarship, I would experience a new culture, new places, and new people. I would not only hear new stories, but also be a part of them.
Stories reveal ourselves to us.
So one can choose to be conscious, and live deliberately.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About samwise


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.