Existing Member?

East Meets West A kind of marriage between Asia and Europe as my life yo-yo's between the two this year! It's about the contrasts and similarities and especially the Art, Culture and Food.

Once upon a time ......

ITALY | Monday, 31 December 2012 | Views [388]

The sunsets from Passignano over Lago Trasimeno are amazing.

The sunsets from Passignano over Lago Trasimeno are amazing.

So how did we come to be in Italy?  It is a bit like a fairy story! 

Once upon a time there was a young girl who longed for a holiday where it never rained, where you didn't spend days sat reading trapped in a car on some boring headland in Wales! One day her father decided to take her to Italy where he had been stationed during the last war. So off they went, driving across France and Switzerland until they reached Lake Trasimeno near Castiglione del Lago. At last she had her holiday without rain!  In fact there was so much sun that they often escaped to some pine-woods high on a nearby hill.

She had never been so happy and fell in love with the place, the food, the sun and a few Italian boys! 

A few years and two daughters later the girl and her husband (English!) decided to buy a house in the area.  They searched high and low and eventually found one high on a hill in Castel Rigone , a beautiful Medieval village set amongst pine-woods. Yes ... you've guessed!  The very same pine-woods she had visited with her mum and dad a long, long time ago!

They fell in love with the little house, the village, the people and the pine-woods and lived happily ever after! 

 

Tags: camping, castel rigone, holidays, medieval

About sammyjo

Italy has SO many stray cats, this little kitten had found a home in the restaurant La Cantina in Castiglione del lago.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.