Existing Member?

WHISTLER / CANADA / USA 08/09 So close no matter how far...

WESTIN RESORT & ROGERS CHOCOLATES

CANADA | Sunday, 14 December 2008 | Views [372]

Ele and I have both been working a while now and both have scored pretty good jobs. Our bosses are both flexible which should allow for a good balance of work, rest and play. Im at the Westin Resort & Spa where I am working for Advanced Parking as a valet. My job consists of greeting guests, unloading bags, skis, snowboards, mountain bikes etc. We then tag there cars and take them to the underground car park. So far I have driven lots of nice cars such as Mercs, Beamers, Hummers, Porsches, lots of nice trucks and Suv's aswell. We deal with alot of people with money which can mean good tips. The average wage in Whistler is $10 - 12 an hour so we rely on tips if you can get them. So far I make average $30 - $70 a shift in tips, this is pretty good as it is tax free. I work with lots of young people, a good mix of locals and fellow tourists. It is good working with the Canadians as the have local knowledge and it is good to find out about there traditions, lifestyle and characteristics. All the boys at work enjoy a beer and like to snowboard and party so Im sure this will lead to plenty of good times. Ele has already got keys for the choccy shop and is opening and closing on her own, she also works with a mix of poms, canadians, aussies etc. Her shop is a high end chocolate shop which has other locations all over Canada and has been around for many years. They are also allowed to eat as much choccy as they like and also take some home after work. Her boss likes her and is giving her plenty of hours and a mixture of day and night shifts, which works well in Whistler. 

About sambo_80


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.