Existing Member?

WHISTLER / CANADA / USA 08/09 So close no matter how far...

HALLOWEEN

CANADA | Sunday, 2 November 2008 | Views [263]

Halloween was huge in Whistler and some ppl say the Canadians get into it more than the Americans. I'm not sure how true that is but the people of Whistler really have a good go at it. We began drinking at home while everyone got their costumes ready. We carved a massive pumpkin in the week leading up and decorated the house accordingly. The place looks great and everyones costumes were pretty cool or shall I say (Super) as the Canadians say! I was Jack Sparrow (pirate) Ele was 'Little Red Riding Hood' Laura was also a Pirate, Mindy was Death which looked like some kind of black widow sourceror, Chloe was a Vampiress and last but not least was Tobin who constructed his own Ned Kelly outfit, a few kids in town thought he was a robot which was quite funny. His helmet is a permanent reminder hanging over our fire place in the house. After getting ready we headed into an estate in Whistler which is decorated and setup as a safe area for the local kids to go trick or treating. The local communities donate lollies (candy as the Candians say) and the council adds thousands of dollars for candy and setting things up. The houses are awesome with massive smoke displays and movie sceens being projected onto garage doors, house walls, windows etc. The place is jumping, with kids on a sugar high, everywhere. We then headed out in the village, we went to a club called Garfinkels which got busy really quickly and was full of crazy costumes that people had put alot of thought into. Every single person gets into Halloween and gets dressed up, it is an awesome night. After the club we headed home, stopping briefly at Fat Tonys Pizza for a midnight snack, which seems like it is Canada's version of a kebab shop in Oz. Full of hungry party goers.

About sambo_80


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.