Existing Member?

My Adventure Around the World

Melbourne and Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 23 October 2009 | Views [436] | Comments [1]

Back to Melbourne and Sydney to say some goodbyes

17/10

I landed in Melbourne at 6.30am, fair time you think but in Perth time what I was still on, it was 3.30am!  I got to the house at half 8 and was greeted by Tom who promptly let me in and went straight back to bed.  I made my bed up and then did the same.  Got some much needed sleep and got up around noon.  Sat in front of the tv for the rest of the day.

18/10

I had a good 12 hours sleep last night.  Today I watched some tv and managed to catch some Premier League highlights.  I also practiced guitar hero for when I get home so Mark think's I can play.  We had Chinese for dinner, yum.

19/10

Same sort of day as yesterday.  I watched the first Lord of the Rings film and sat there telling Tom all the scenes I had been to!  I finally managed to be with the boys for one of their Monday night dinners.  Ben cooked shepherds pie for me, it was awesome!

20/10
 
Today all I did was sit and watch the second and third Lord of the Rings movies.  It was a mini marathon and again poor Tom and Ben had to sit there while I informed them which of the scenes I had seen when I went on the tour in NZ!  Managed to fit in both films, have lunch and a shower and be ready to leave at 6 to head for the train station.  Ash didn't make it home from work in time to say goodbye which was a shame.  Hopefully he will come to England in the next year or two.  Ben gave me a lift to the station.  I rung home and spoke to Dad and then got the bus at 8pm.
 
21/10
 
Arrived in Sydney at 7.30am.  I put my bags in storage and then went to the hostel to double check that the guy in Broome had done my reservation.  Good job I checked as he hadn't.  I spent the day souvenir shopping, brought something in nearly every shop I went in, whoops!  I sat in the Botanic Gardens for a bit, had some lunch and then went back to the station so I was near my bags and the taxi rank for when Craig rung to say he was nearly ready to leave work so now was a good time to come over to Balmain.
 
22/10
 
Liz wasn't well so I had to go into work with Craig, that meant getting up at 5am- an all to familiar thing for me now!  I spent a few hours catching up on stuff on the internet and then went into Balmain.  Sat in the park and read my book and worked on the tan for one of the last times.  Craig had to work late so we didn't get back to the house until 10.30pm.  I then had the fun task of trying to pack away all my stuff and protect the souvenirs.  Fingers crossed everything will survive and they don't loose that bag in the airport!
 
23/10

And so here we are today, I got up early again and got a lift into the city with Craig.  I stayed at his work for a bit and then he dropped me to the hostel.  I was lucky enough to be able to check in at 11.  I was expecting to have to wait around until like 1.  Said goodbye to Craig.  Hopefully they will come over soon and the rest of his family can meet him.  I'm tidying up my bag so I don't bring home too much rubbish, it's going well so far. 

I can't believe it's actually my last day of the trip.  The last 9 months have been amazing and now it's come to an end.  Got a nice mammoth journey home now, the Sydney to LA flight leaves at 2.20pm 24th Oct, I land in LA 13hrs 25mins later at 9.40am 24th Oct and then have a 6 hour wait in the airport before my flight to Heathrow leaves at 15.40pm.  I'm due in to England at 8.50am on 25th Oct after the 10hr 15mins from LA.  So I will see you all very soon now!

xxx

Comments

1

It's been great following your trip by this blog, even though I did hear lots by other means. You will have this as a memory forever. I bet you will think of other odd things you missed out but I'm sure we will all get to hear them in the next few weeks. It has been an amazing experience for you and one I'm sure you won't live to regret doing. See you Sunday. Lots of love xxxxx

  Mum Oct 23, 2009 5:17 PM

About sam_jackson86


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.