Existing Member?

My Adventure Around the World

Coffs Harbour and Sydney

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 16 October 2009 | Views [282]

30/9

Today we caught the 10.05am bus to Coffs Harbour.  We arrived at 2.15pm.  Got the transfer to the hostel, weird strange man working here!  We walked along the creek and the botanic gardens, the walk was weird all I got from it was dirty feet!  There was no-one else in our dorm so that was awesome and meant we could hang all our washing up and save money on the drier, every cent counts! 

1/10

Off to the dolphin and seal pool today.  I got to throw a ball to a dolphin for them to catch, it was so cute!  Then got kissed by a seal, the picture is so cool!  Next off to be kissed by a dolphin which was just wicked too!  Then there was the dolphin/seal/sea lion show.  I was lucky enough to get picked from the audience to go and feed one of the dolphins in the show!!!!  It was really great! I went up on stage which was a couple of meters above the water and then held a stick out aobve shoulder height and the dolphin came and jumped up out of the water and ate the fish off the stick, AWESOME!!  Then we went and fed some Port Jackson sharks, a green turtle and the little blue penguins.  Sat at the "beach" for a bit after and then went back to the hostel to wait around for the shuttle at 9.30 to go to the bus stop and then found a pub to sit in and wait for midnight for the bus.  The bus turned up 45mins late.

2/10

Managed to get some sleep on the bus.  There was a really smelly man in front of us which was not pleasant.  Arrived in Sydney at 9.35am, said bye to Sandra and then headed over to Balmain to meet Dad's cousin Craig.  I found him relatively easily thank goodness.  We went for coffee and then he dropped me in the main shopping street in Balmain for the day while he was working.  They picked me up late afternoon and we headed to Palm Beach where they live (Home and Away is filmed there) after picking up baby Maddox.  He is the cutest little thing!

3/10

Up and over to a suburb called Dee Why this morning where Maddox has his swimming lessons.  It was sweet watching him splashing around with the other babies and parents.  Craig took me for lunch at the Boat House which is apparantly a place they do some shooting for Home and Away.  They kindly paid for a shuttle bus to the airport for me to save then a 3hour return trip.  Arrived pretty early and then ended up sitting on the plane for an hour before it took off, lovely.

West coast tour on the next entry

xx

About sam_jackson86


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.