Existing Member?

My Adventure Around the World

Hervey Bay, Fraser Island, Noosa, Australia Zoo

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 25 September 2009 | Views [715]

Really cool some of the stuff I have done in this blog entry- well at least I think so!

19/9

Arrived in Hervey Bay at 9.30am, got the free shuttle bus to the hostel- good job as the bus stop is no where near the hostel!  We decided to go whale watching in the afternoon.  Awesome decision, I know that I have done it now three times and that may seem excessive but this time was absolutely amazing! I saw so many whales breaching.  Mums and calves.  It was like watching a National Geographic documentary but this time it was real and right in front of me and those cool pictures are on my camera!  Had to spend the evening sorting out the bag for Fraser Island.  Getting sick of having to pack a bag for three days, come back and unpack and then have to do the same a day later, argh!

20/9

This morning it was off to Fraser Island.  I was in charge of making sure the right alcohol was put on the truck.  Very important!  Then I had to go around the car and check the damage and then count all the camping equipment piece by piece, was not expecting to have to do that task too.  We had to get a barge across the water to the island.  And then the fun begins....... we got stuck in the sand after some arse decided that he wanted us to move out of the way and let him pass, we had barely got off the barge when this happened, good start.  We then made it out to Lake Mackenzie, which is so gorgeous.  The water is crystal clear and lovely and blue.  Got some good pics there, like my facebook profile pic.  Enjoyed the view and then accidently fell asleep.  We had to leave and be back to camp by 5pm as we had to drive across the beach and obviously can't if the tide is in!  No gas in camp but owners let us use some of theirs to cook on the bbq.  There was a big huntsman in the girls loos. 

21/9

Off to Indian Head today.  Left a bit early so the tide created a few problems.  It was ok when we first set off but the further north we got the less beach there was.  Got there eventually and then had a little walk up to the top to get views of the whales from the Island.  Headed back down for lunch and then had a long walk on soft sand, not fun, to the Champagne Pools.  Needless to say I fell asleep there to, common pattern now it seems. 

22/9

Ok so the spider in the toilet on the first day was big, the one in there today was ****ing massive and I'm not exaggerating at all, it was the biggest thing I have ever seen, like tarantula big, it was horrible and again in the girls toilets, why there of all places!  Some stupid people were playing with it while I was in the shower and then it bit one of them and I was so worried it was going to come and run under the gap at the bottom of the door of the room I was in.  Quick shower after that fear set in!  We dismantled the tents and set out ot the shipwreck on the coast.  The tide was in so we didn't spend that long there as we couldn't get very close.  We had left a bit early so that we could go back to Lake Mackenzie again before getting on the barge.  For lunch we had to eat as much as possible as we had a lot of stuff let over from the 3 days.  When we got back we complained about the bbq situation, there was not enough for the amount of people Beaches had sent over blah blah blah and we ended up with a free dinner, beer and then those of us staying at the hostel got free breakfast for tomorrow too, nice result!

23/9

Typical the chance of a lay in and I wake up at 7am!  Sorted out the mess of my diary entries that I did last night when I got back from the bar.  Had the free breakfast and then off to the bus stop.  5 and a half hours on the bus to Noosa.  Got there and we were greeted by a dust storm that had started the day in Sydney.  Walked to the beach and then back to the hostel for dinner and an early night with no beer. 

24/9

Crikey what an awesome day!  Woke up excited, checked out and off to the bus stop.  We went to Australia Zoo.  About one hour to get to the zoo, they played a Steve Irwin dvd on the way with various croc catching clips.  Got to the zoo, stored the bags and then off we went.  We saw everything there was.  At the croc show, luckily for us, Terri, Bindi and Robert were there as was Steve's best mate Wes.  I didn't expect to see any of them let alone all of them so that was really neat.  They all had there part to play in the show and Robert, 5, was completely adorable.  Terri and Wes did the croc demo and then Bindi had a little go.  Today I stroked a koala, a wombat, sheep and pigs.  I fed an elephant which was totally cool and then some kanagaroos which was cool too!  Got tons of pics so look out people for when I get home!  Got the bus in the evening to Brisbane, strange to be in a city again after so long.  Had a look around and then went to the cinema in the evening and saw Funny People. 

Off to hold a koala tomorrow so really excited about that!

See you all real soon, month today and I'm home

xx

About sam_jackson86


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.