Existing Member?

My Adventure Around the World

Luang Prabang

LAOS | Wednesday, 15 April 2009 | Views [350]

So as usual the plans changed, this time it was pretty much unavoidable.....

5/4

Today we wandered around the town for a bit.  It is a nice little "French" town with lots of good bakeries, yum! It also happens to be a UNESCO World Heritage Site, not to sure why though?  The lady who runs our guesthouse is lovely and her and her family sleep behind the reception desk.  A few times when we went past in the morning she was drying her hair or brushing her teeth.  Checked out some tour places to see what activities we could do.

6/4

Today was fun.  We went white water kayaking!  Only capsized once but there was a few more close calls I can tell you.... Nearly had an incident with some rocks as we managed to get the kayak turned around while going down some rapids, bit of a hairy moment!  Came across more herds of buffalo in the river, this time a bit further away so it wasn't so daunting.  Had lunch by the river.  And that's when the next few days went out of the window.  I felt sick on the paddle on the way back and was relieved to eventually make it back to the guesthouse.  Finshed what started as a fun day being sick, how lovely.

7/4

So today I didn't do much apart from sleep because of last night.  Did manage to get up and book flights to Thailand.  Thought I would have some soup for dinner but that turned out to be a bad idea and I had to dash back across the road to the room half way through dinner, I don't need to tell you what happened..... good job we hadn't booked the elephant ride and trek really.

So that was the rest of Laos.  Really nice place, really quiet country.  On to Thialand now, bit of a shock I think it is going to be!

x

About sam_jackson86


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.