Existing Member?

Good Times THE WONDERFUL ADVENTURES!

A LONG FUN DAY OF WHITE WATER RAFTING IN TURRIALBA, COSTA RICA

COSTA RICA | Sunday, 13 April 2008 | Views [1991] | Comments [1]

My buddy Jake and I at the half way point of the rafting...

My buddy Jake and I at the half way point of the rafting...

My buddy and I were able to line up a sweet deal for white water rafting down the Rio Pacuare in Turrialba, Costa Rica. It was Class III-IV rapids and a great time! This river gives you the ultimate blend of wilderness exposure and excitement. The river is flanked by steep green walls, sheer beauty, and tremendous canyon scenery. The company picked us up right nearby our place in a van to take us up to Turrialba which is about 1 hour away. The site says the cost of the 4 hour day trip is $90, but we told him we live here, and were having troubles finding enough people that could afford the price. So, we ended up getting a $50 rate from this Phil guy (the local rate I guess...lol), and they also provided food after the trip. It is far the best thing I have done in Costa Rica so far! I would love to go again before I leave Costa Rica!

Comments

1

I have rafted that river. It is an awesome experience.

  Eco Preservation Society Apr 13, 2008 10:35 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Costa Rica

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.