Existing Member?

Trutt's Travels

Weekend Jaunt in Thailand

MALAYSIA | Sunday, 19 November 2017 | Views [924]

So last weekend I flew to Thailand, as you do.  I went to the island of Phuket for two days, which is only 1hr 30mins by plane (50 GBP - bargain!)  I met up with my friend Xavier from London who is travelling around South-East Asia.  We were really lucky to have good weather as it is low season at the moment - rain seems to follow me.  The beaches were beautiful and I certainly saw a lot more westerners/tourists.  I wanted to shout I'm an expat not a traveller - the complete snob in me ahaha!

Experience some fun nightlife - a restaurant with a Tiger theme where the seats were tiger print and strange models of Tigers leaping out of the sides of the walls, one clutching a fake deer in its teeth - charming!  They tried to get us up to sing, I had not had enough 'adult grape juice' to do this.  We then went and watched an excellent drag show.  'Such fun!'

Called it a night fairly early (midnight) as we had to leave at 8am for a boat trip to Phi Phi and surrounding islands.  The weather was fantastic this day - sunny and hot all day.  We went to Monkey Island where not surprisingly we saw lots of monkeys and then did some snorkelling.  There were so many beautiful fish of different colours - reminded me of 'Finding Nemo'.  A quick lunch stop and then we went to Maya Beach which is where they filmed the Leonardo de Caprio film 'The Beach'.  It was stunning!  Final stop at another island, more like an atoll.  We sat at a bar on the beach with reggae music playing - it felt very Caribbean!

We arrived back to Phuket at 6pm where I had to get a taxi straight to the airport for my 9pm flight home.  Back in KL by 1am - but so worth it.

In other news...just booked a trip to Cambodia for May (40GBP flight!), school 'camp' (hotel/beach) on Wednesday-Friday, Ara Green (my condo) Xmas Dinner on Saturday and finish work on Thursday 30th November.  Off to Vietnam for a week then back to UK on 11-28 December.  I am popping into Brooke (my old school) to see my friends and tutees on Monday 18th December (tutor time and lunchtime) - I can't wait!

Peace out!

Troy :)

Tags: beaches, phi phi, phuket, snorkelling, thailand

About rutttroy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.