Existing Member?

Trutt's Travels

Birthday

MALAYSIA | Thursday, 5 October 2017 | Views [1042] | Comments [1]

Hello!  Well it was a strange birthday - not used to celebrating without all my lovely friends...certainly missed you all!  It's not a Troy Rutt birthday without me announcing it at least 3 months in advance, then a month, and a weekly update.  I was very mature and only mentioned it at work in the days leading up to it ahaha!  

About 15 of us went out for drinks last Friday to celebrate at the very Malaysian name 'Tom, Dick and Harry's Pub' ;)  Still getting used to how expensive alcohol is - I paid 5 pound for a pint of cider.  Thank goodness I took the wise decision to pack the gin lol.  I had a lovely evening, I appreciated my new work peeps coming out to celebrate to distract me from missing everyone!

Unfortunately I woke up the next day really poorly (I thought it was a hangover lol).  It appeared that I caught the cold that had been going round the school; sore throat, head ache, chills etc.  So I spent my birthday weekend in bed/on the coach watching films and eating takeaway.  Not really what I had in mind - had planned to go to Heli (rooftop bar in KL) for cocktails and join my friend Saleem for her birthday on Sunday at the Ritz-Carlton for aftgernoon tea...but heh ho I guess I needed the rest.

It also appears that Malaysian post is poor and things are taking 3 weeks to get here!  I received my first UK birthday cards yesterday ahah!  I did get some nice ones and pressies from work people too - so I am just dragging my birthday out which isn't a bad thing.  

Only one more week at work and then it is half term (6 week term here).  Looking forward to my week in Vietnam with Pete and Dawn, and then Dawn is coming back to KL for a week...then Jeet arrives for a week in November.  Exciting times!  I am flying home for Christmas from 11-28 December and I am spending five days in London and the remainder in Kettering...hope to see as many as you as possible.  Also want to pop into school to see my old tutees if they will let me in! 

Update you soon!

T xxx

Tags: birthday, christmas, holday, school, vietnam

Comments

1

Happy belated birthday, T-Rizzle! Hope you're having the best time out there, living it large. History isn't the same without you, we're all struggling without Troy in our lives, mainly me! We honestly miss you so much! Loving the blog, keep slaying the scene.

xx

  Finlay Oct 6, 2017 8:55 AM

About rutttroy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.