Existing Member?

Russ & Tash's travels

Nha Trang (& Dalat)

VIETNAM | Thursday, 10 April 2014 | Views [344]

We had a few unproductive days in Dalat before heading to Nha Trang, mainly drinking amazing Vietnamese coffees at 'Chocolate Cafe' and people watching. We heard there were lots of nice things to see and do but we happily did nothing. Our first day in Nha Trang was much the same but after this we finally managed to find some motivation.

On the following days we spent time on the beach, walked to see the Cham Towers (Ancient towers built...expectedly...by the Cham people) and indulged in some nice meals. We were also continously amused by the Russian tourists and their 'holiday clothes' including such fashion statements as: cowboy hats, sailors caps, speedos, short tight shorts (for men), jump suits, faux animal prints and net shirts etc. We believe they have very different ideas about holiday clothes compared to any other nation!

Our final day was spent on a snorkel tour out to two islands, Hon Mun and Hon Mot. The snorkeling was nice with colourful corals and fish, however, it was disappointing to see damaged coral and rubbish in places. The buffet lunch provided onboard was so large it was slightly intimadating but Tash had a win with keeping hers down - given her history with boats!

That evening we took a night sleeper train to Danang, our access point to Hoi An (via connection by bus). The sleeper train was much like sleeping in a chest of drawers, with 6 beds per berth (3 on either side bunk style). We were lucky enough to share our room with a mother and a child with gastro, with Tash having to throw her day bag away due to some projectile vomit - lovely. As with everywhere here neither seemed to care about the body fluids everywhere and made no efforts to clean up!

Thankfully we booked a nice hotel, disinfected ourselves, and slept happily for the afternoon. We have heard Hoi An is beautiful and a real foodie place - but we'll have to check this for ourselves!

Only 3 weeks left of our travels, having an amazing time but can't wait to see everyone.

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.