Existing Member?

Russ & Tash's travels

Ho Chi Minh City

VIETNAM | Sunday, 30 March 2014 | Views [410] | Comments [1]

Arriving in Ho Chi Minh City was both an assult on the senses and a relief to find friendly, welcoming locals. We spent our first two days exploring some of the major landmarks in the city (old post office, Notre Dame Cathedral, War Mueseum, Bitex Co tower) as well as sampling some of the tasty foods and drinks. We particularly are enjoying the strong local coffee combined with sweetened condensed milk. We loved immersing ourselves in chaos of the city, mostly taking our lives in our hands everytime we crossed the road. The heat has been suprising too, with each day hitting 36c and high humidity; making us impose a much needed daily siesta.

We also took a two day trip out of the city to see the Mekong River, mainly wanting to see functioning, non-touristy floating markets.

 We move on to a National Park tomorrow with Tash (as always) excited to see animals and Russ (as always) less so.

Comments

1

You poor things fancy having to force yourselves to have a siesta every day!

  Geoff Mar 31, 2014 8:21 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.