Existing Member?

On the loose

townsville and paluma range national park.

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 17 January 2010 | Views [496]

well, we got into townsville with a dripping wet tent  so we decided to stay in a campsite instead of the free overnight rest area that we planned to stay in. we stayen at black river stadium and when we got there we couldnt find the office so we called them up and the woman said she would come down later to collect the money. we found a nice pitch under a tree and started unloading the car so rob could go and get some ice for the cooler. all our stuff was dumped and rob was just leaving and some guy came up to rob and said the pitch that we picked flooded when it rained. rob went to get the ice and when he got back he told me and we chose another pitch and comtinued to carry our stuff over as we needed it to set up. the woman came over as we were half way through putting up the tent. she wasnt very friendly and had a go at us for 'making such a mess' and told us to 'clean it up' not very nicely!.went into townsville, not that much to do, just a town... the capital of north queensland apparently. stayed untill the tent dried properly and then went to the free camping are... bushy parker park. it was a really nice campsite but we had quite a bit of rain while we were there but it was ony in teh night really so on teh first day we went to little crystal creek in paluma range national park. the road up there was really narrow and winedy and very steep. regie (the car) didnt really like it!! when we got up there it was lush. breathtaking views, nice walks and it was cool for once!!. on the way back down i was trying to take some pictures of the mountain and the view over townsville. i missed a few times, well actually most of the time so sorry about some of teh really weird pictures that rob is insisting on putting up!!. the next day we went to big crystal creek but there wasnt much there so we headed up to babinda.

 

About robert_heidy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.