Existing Member?

Back in the saddle

Touchdown in Delhi

INDIA | Friday, 17 October 2008 | Views [888]

The view from my hotel room at the Connaught, Delhi.

The view from my hotel room at the Connaught, Delhi.

My culture shock lay dormant as I arrived at Delhi airport at 2.30am. Perhaps it was the early hour that thwarted my expectations of a 'riot' - a vision handed to me by my husband who travelled to India when he was 21 (first time out of Glasgow!).

As Global Programs Manager for World Nomads , organsing to-die-for travel assignments as part our travel scholarship program, I was finally going on assignment myself! Destination: Rajasthan, India to work on a community project repairing a school in Jambha Village where I would be working with Trent O'donnell to make the 5th doco in our Positive Footprints documentary series.

We were easily met by our driver and it was a comfortable 23 degrees. We arrived at our hotel near Connaught Place, aptly names The Connaught at about 3.30am. I was just happy to have a shower, stretch out in a bed and happily imagine what Delhi might look like when the sun came up.

Tags: culture shock, delhi, positive footprints, the connaught, travel scholarships

About roam-if-you-want-to

Me at base camp

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.