Existing Member?

My Travels

Working in Australia 2010

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 23 January 2011 | Views [310]

On Sunday the 14th got picked up from the office and headed for Port Macquarie, to start work on the Monday. The 1st day was an observation day and so to start with you went round with another rep and just watched how they worked, then you try for yourself for a few hours, and you aren’t expected to get any sales on the 1st day but managed to get 4, so that was good, as that was $100 on the 1st day, and in the 1st 4 days got a total of 24 sales. So did alot better than expected and other new reps were getting 1/2 sales a day when I was getting 6/7 so that made me feel good.

On the 20th we went to Tweed Heads and on the Thursday got 15 sales, 14 on the Friday and 13 Saturday. So that was an awesome few days, as earnt over $1000, from those 42 sales, which is more than got for 3 weeks work at the Park.

On the 28th we got some new reps and so on the 29th had to train one and so was slightly nervous about that as had to do everything right and work with someone watching me. But it went fine and made some good sales with them watching so think impressed them.

The following week we went to Glen Innes, to work and this was the 1st week of ‘Cup Week’ which lasted for 2 weeks and if you got 60 sales in the week you got paid platinum pay ($40) for the sales, and managed to get 60 sales in the week so that was awesome. And the next week we headed to Moree and the same applied for here that if got 60 sales got platinum pay, and was knocking in Aboriginal area and again got 60 sales but was an awesome place to knock as they don’t work and so they love any reductions so was quite easy and actually had some bloke call me Santa come early, as gave him this reduction, but they were some good people to chat to while signing them up.

After Moree the team were knocking down by Sydney so got a free lift back to Sydney to meet Dan to travel the coast with him for 3 weeks.

About rjenkins


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.