Existing Member?

The adventures of Putaro Follow me and my beautiful travel companion around Asia where we attempt to find nothing, but enjoy ourselves all the while

Same Same Clarification

LAOS | Wednesday, 1 August 2007 | Views [2060]

Yesterday we went on a rather Laoesque trek to a Hmong village (Laoesque in that we sloshed around the muddy jungle for 6 hours as it poored down rain). 

The Hmong only live above 1,000 meters and still cultivate signicant amounts of opium. Their Tibetan, Mongolian descent is certainly visible in their faces as most look considerably different than your typical city dwelling Lao. 

During the trek our guide Sivon, clarified the whole Same Same but Different thing for us. I thought that I should clear things for the sake of one of my previous rants.  Communism really has nothing to with it; perhaps now it does by mistake, but its original association and any with Communism would certainly have Lenin,Stalin, and Ho Chi Minh rolling around in their sarcophagus's.........The actually meaning refers to Thai "lady boy's". Transvestite's are a dime a dozen in Bangkok, Phuket, and all over Thailand for that matter.. So for all of you people travelling around S.E. Asia right now, sporting a Same Same t-shirt, having a laugh........The jokes on you!  Same Same but Different refers to a want to be lady packing legitimate heat. And now you, so please take that shirt off!!!

Tags: I should have known better!

About rjallen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.