Existing Member?

The adventures of Putaro Follow me and my beautiful travel companion around Asia where we attempt to find nothing, but enjoy ourselves all the while

Ko Changing

THAILAND | Monday, 25 June 2007 | Views [511]

After three days in bustling Bangkok, Mizuki and I travelled by land and sea to Ko Chang- a developing island situated near the Cambodian border. Last night we stayed at Lonely Beach, although not quite as secluded as the name would indicate; we found a nice, quiet, Tree House bungalow with an ocean view worth savoring. 

Nevertheless, still a bit of a jaunt to civilization we decided to head back up the west coast of the island to White Sands Beach.  It is a little busier up here, but the beach is more existent and scenic.   

With Cambodia nearby, and perhaps hectic travel ahead, we have decided to stay put for the next week- spending our days on the beach, relaxing and reading.  We might take an elephant trek somewhere in between, but we aren't quite sure what the elephant's think of all this tourism stuff;  so we are going to do a little bit more investigation into their life situation's before we render their services (the elephant's that is).

Ko Chang itself is quite scenic and beautiful; postcard worthy ocean views with dense jungles lurking in the background.  Coconuts are plentiful and the overall atmosphere is quite lazy.  Tourism is the industry here, but you would be hard pressed to find quick service with a smile.  Everyone here seems to want to be doing the exact same thing..... Nothing.... Even if you are supposed to be working, napping on the job seems to be an acceptable option in Thailand.  That's it for now, but there will be more about Bangkok later.

Tags: Relaxation

About rjallen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.