Existing Member?

World Adventures- Africa, the UK and South America

Chile 1

CHILE | Wednesday, 28 April 2010 | Views [639]

18.03.10

Crossed the border into Chile, stopped in a small town for lunch and had an amazing burger bigger than the size of my palm, was only able to eat half of it.

Crossed a ferry and set up camp at the side of a restaurant, had a 3 course meal in the restaurant. Was meant to camp in a ghost town, very late night and very COLD night. Shower and toilet disgusting.

19.03.10

Torres

Arrived mid afternoon and had to wait for the 6pm ferry to get across to the camp site. Clear view of the mountains driving in. Started to get very windy and drizzled slightly as we arrived at our camp for the next two nights.   

20.03.10

Hiked Frenches Valley with Chris and Dan. Not very nice weather and incredible windy, so windy that I did not enjoy the day at all, was in a foul mood after being blown off my feet various times on the way back to camp. It was a 9hr hike, and the view at the top of the hike was not work any of the effort due to the weather.

21.03.10

Hiked Greys Glacier alone, 5hr hike. The people from my group doing the hike left before I was awake, I was not keen to hike alone, but also wanted to see the glacier,  it was a beautiful walk and I passed many hikers on the route, similar to the day before, so I was not too concerned. Had a great day, much more beautiful than Frenches Valley, and much less windy, also had various wild flowers growing on route.

Had to be back at camp with the tent down before 6.30pm to catch the ferry back across the lake to go to the next camp.

22.03.10
Did not do the final hike as many people of the Tucan truck said that it was not worth it unless you got to the top, and I was not in the mood to hike at all. Managed to instead steal the 4th book in the Twilight series of the other Oasis truck for the day, and spent the day reading in my tent. Great day, very relaxing after soo much hiking and very entertaining reading that book, best book in the series, LOVED it!!


Tags: chile

About redcherry


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.