Existing Member?

Musing

A room with a view

NEPAL | Monday, 5 May 2014 | Views [333] | Scholarship Entry

It is such a shame to write that I missed the sunrise! People from around the world come to just for the view of the fireball slowly rising from beyond the hills and here I am in this heaven, snoring till it was too bright to sleep! Actually I had covered my face with the quilt but Pabitra ( my colleague) had to pull me out of the bed. To write I am not a morning person would be redundant here. However, being morally and PHYSICALLY dragged out of the bed, I stepped out from the bed into this fresh and crisp morning. Into the silent morning of this hill top, unlike the noisy Kathmandu The only other sound except for Pabitra’s nagging was the generator droning in the background. Stepping out of my room into the balcony, with view of Lantang range was the best part of my Nagarkot stay. I realized it only when I was writing my diary after I got back to Kathmandu. The golden snow capped peaks in the morning sun in between the black jagged hills is the only vivid memory I have. It was like tableaux, everything was still! A pure and magical moment! Standing there I felt like, everything that happened in my life so far occurred so that someday I could stand in this balcony and experience this magic! This trick by nature that made you feel like you are nothing but an extension of the ground you are standing on. You were permeable and air passed through you. A moment when each and every molecule of your body is stirred alive. And you are brought to a realization that you exist, as a mixture of mass and soul! Something that is so easy to forget when you live in Kathmandu. Standing on the balcony I realized that I existed from top of my head to tip of my toe. I was standing outside of me for the first time and was gazing at this person who was me! 20 secs later the moment passed as I was brought back to my balcony by the crude sound of a Blue Pulsar bike and the wild laughter of the youth who was riding it. Everything beautiful has come to an end. Although the moment passes you by, you do not remain the same person as before. The change is indiscernible yet profound at the same time!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About random_wanderer


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.