Existing Member?

TokyoTravels Here's a place for all my friends and family to keep in touch and share my photos and experiences :-)

Day off

JAPAN | Sunday, 15 July 2007 | Views [586] | Comments [1]

Hi everybody,

Today is July 15th, my day off. It's about the only time I have to do things like write, and other practical stuff. There has been a typhoon this week. But not to worry, I think the worst is over. I was still able to go out today but last night it was really heavy winds and rain. In Kryshu and okinawa some people died. It doesn't stop it been humid though. I am also having a bit of bother with cockroaches too. Everyone knows how much I HATE creepy crawlies - so given the circumstances I am doing well. I got home from work the other day and there was a big cockroach on my rug - when i went to swat it it dissappeared - they are really fast and some can fly!!! This one was very clever too as i couldn't find it anywhere. I set some traps and luckily when I got home tonight it has been captured. That's 1 gone 1 million to go!! I have some time off in August 9-16th. I don't know what to do with it though as most of my friends have visitors and I don't (boo). If anyone is thinking of coming then can you let me know the dates so i can book it off. I went to get my hair cut the other week - it was really expensive and she gave me a lop sided fringe. i am not happy with that! Tomorrow I am going to study Japanese, clean the house and maybe go into Ikebukuro, oh and also do some cooking for the week. I am not really making an effort cooking at the moment - so i will try harder! Anyway that's all for now. It's always nice to here from you - so drop me an email whenever  ;-)

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1


Hi Rachel in Japan

Great to see your photos and the ones of you. I am glad you are managing to survive the creepy crawlies and the winds and rain. I'd heard on the news there had been an earthquake in Northern Japan! Hope someone can join you for August 9th. I will check the prices of flights but I think they will be quite expensive in August.
Love as always

Mum xxxx

  Lorraine Berg Jul 17, 2007 5:08 AM

About rachel

Me!!!

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Japan

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.