Existing Member?

Aussie Life to the Max

West Coast, Augusta to Cervantes

AUSTRALIA | Saturday, 18 May 2013 | Views [336]

Just got into Cervantes about 250 kms north of Perth. A wealth of experience in the last few days. We camped in Augusta and got my first look at the Indian ocean. We followed the coastal (Caves road) north a pretty road but not spectacular. However after camping the night in Yallingup we got a major surprise. The next morning we were heading to the beach for a look, we came over a small rise and saw several large waterspouts in the bay. There were three large ones with at least two more forming, got some excellent pics of them.

We headed north after that bit of excitement and spent two days in Fremantle, this was a time to get oil changes for the bikes and doing some needed shopping, also took in a movie. Saturday morning and back on the road headed for Cervantes and the Pinnicles. OK I must admit even though I was told to visit the pinnicles I had no idea what to expect. Tens of thousands of limestone pillars rising from the sand in a surreal landscape. Totally unearthly. It was certainly an interesting and remarkable stop and I'm glad it was suggested.

Heading north again tommorow (well duh) and we're looking forward to visiting Kalbarri NP again this is a suggestion from the locals and again we don't no what to expect. So far all the surprises have been wonderful. Will post more pics in a few days when we camp somewhere with service.  

About r_d_touring


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.