Existing Member?

My travels

Jaipur (the first time...)

INDIA | Thursday, 2 April 2009 | Views [446]

We arrived in the busy train station of Jaipur super early, it was 5am and we had not had much sleep. After a couple of chai, we took a rickshaw to the hotel where we were meeting Michele and we crashed out for a while before having a nice breakfast on the veranda. We had a chill out morning waiting for Michele to arrive from Delhi at 2pm. Half an hour before Michele arrived Jacquie started to have ants in her pants and when she arrived at the hotel it was a explosion of joy. We went into town to have a quick lunch before visiting a little of Jaipur. We went to a restaurant in which the kitchen was closing in minutes so they served us food quite fast but we stayed a while chatting whilst Michele experienced her first Indian curry.

Michele needed to check her email so we went in search of an internet café. We found one owned by an Indian guy who was taking a French course and he was really pleased to speak in French to Marc while Jacquie and Michele were checking their email. This guy was really funny, he was laughing at all Marc’s bad jokes. He used to teach in a school but he just stopped and opened an internet café instead and he was also taking French courses. He spoke 4 languages, Hindi, English, French and also Sanskrit (a dead language) and he had started to write a book on about the meaning of life (he had written 3 pages!).

After that we wanted to buy a bottle of rum, some coconut milk and pineapple juice to make a nice pinacolada but a change in the licensing laws meant the off licenses were closed. The internet guy was really helpful for this mission, he told us where we could buy buy the most important bit, the rum J, then we found the coconut milk in a supermarket and we ordered some fresh pineapple jus at the hotel.

Back at the hotel we had a few snacks and our pina colada. We had a nice evening in the veranda chatting about our trip and the 7 weeks around the world that Michele had just started. We looked at lonely planet over our glasses of rum and decided to take a trip to Pushkar, then we crashed out to be ready for the next morning.

About qui001


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.