Existing Member?

My travels

Abu Dhabi – Delhi

INDIA | Wednesday, 11 February 2009 | Views [261]

Seven and a half hours and a large packet of M&Ms later, we arrived in Abu Dhabi airport. Marc went for a cigarette in the “smoking room” which stank and we waited around for our connecting flight to Delhi along with many other passengers. After waiting ages for everyone to get on the very full plane to Delhi we were stopped at the boarding gate and told that because the plane was full we had been upgraded to business class :D. We had a nice flight to Delhi in luxury, enjoying the massage seats, nice food, Margaux wine (1998) and a full bed seat. Nice. We arrived in Delhi 3.30 in the afternoon, local time, a bit tired but still awake and very excited to almost arrive at our destination- Chennai. Our first challenge was to find out how to go from the International to the Domestic terminal of Indira Ghandi airport. After several passport checks, and the security man was surprised that Jacqui was old enough to hold the title “Dr”, we got on a little bus that drove right across the runway in between passing planes. Finally, we arrive in the domestic terminal and wait another 2 hours (seeming like eternity) to catch the plane to Chennai. Unfortunately, there was no business or free food in this plane L.

About qui001


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.