Existing Member?

RTW in 90 days

Victoria Falls - Zambia

ZAMBIA | Wednesday, 22 October 2008 | Views [753] | Comments [3]

Victoria Falls - view from Zambia (dry) to Zimbabwe (heavy)

Victoria Falls - view from Zambia (dry) to Zimbabwe (heavy)

Hello all. Reached sunny South Africa safely and now writing this from Livingstone, Zambia. It is so beautiful here and reminds me of my hometown Moshi which incidentally means 'smoke' as does the word 'Mosi' in Mosi Oa Tunya (smoke that thunders) - the local name for Victoria Falls. Dry season here so just a trickle of water on the Zambian side of the falls which is good because it gave me an opportunity to walk across the falls and on the edge of the falls which would be impossible otherwise. The rocks and cliff-face are beautiful. The falls is just 2 minutes walk from the hotel.

While walking yesterday, I saw hippos, impala, zebra, giraffe and of course plenty of monkeys - and all this within the hotel grounds!!!! Zebras were actually at the hotel reception. Hoping to see elephants later.

Food is great and Zambian local food is delicious - Ugali/Shimo with tomato and onion gravy was yummy. I also tried crocodile (grilled). Yeah yeah I know veggies don't eat crocs but probably better that I eat them then they eat me !!! For those who want to know - yes it was tasty and a bit like fish/chicken.

Experienced a gorgeous sunset over the Zambezi river - so peaceful and tranquil. I am already chilled out. Meeting lots of people including 2 gujarati couples from London one of whom is from Dar!!!

Off to SA today and Drakensberg tomorrow so catch up with you soon.

Tags: crocs, victoria falls, zambezi, zambia

 

Comments

1

hi priti,
i csn't believe you ate crocodile, does that mean you're no longer a veggie. glad you're chilled and having a great time, look forward to reading more of your travels.
take care,
sujata

  sujata Oct 23, 2008 12:53 AM

2

Hey FJ picture is fantasic - . What I want to know is how do you croc meat taste like chicken!!!

Hope youre enjoying the sun out there.

Catch you later

Janxx aka FJ and Rice,Peas & Chicken

  Janet Lynch Oct 23, 2008 7:59 AM

3

Hey there darling, glad you are having fun...BUT eating Croc..naughty naughty..LOL
I did South Africa last year and Vic Falls including Botswana for the Safari it was an awesome experience..You will love Drakensburg so enjoy and if cant try not to think of me ..

xxx

PS your cousin that joined us at cafe cafe whats her email i was going to send her an invite to my birthday..

x

  ravie Oct 23, 2008 12:49 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Zambia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.