Existing Member?

Two Love Birds Head Out To Spoil Their Wedding With An Early Honeymoon

Man, We Sure Could Go For Some...

CHINA | Friday, 22 April 2011 | Views [444] | Comments [2]

No matter how long you travel for, there are always some things that you miss that you start getting excited for as your arrival home approaches. Well, we have been getting quite excited about a few things, some of which we just started missing and others of which we have literally been craving since the first day (see #1 on the list). Surely had we gone home right after New Zealand our list would be about two items long but because we were submerged back into unfamiliarity (i.e. 3rd World) again for the final stretch, our list has grown. Here is is, in no particular order except for #1 of course...

1. A Chipotle Burrito loaded with guacamole

2. Margaritas

3. Ben and Jerry's (you can guess who put this on the list)

4. Maple Syrup (same as #3)

5. Buying an ice cream cone and not having to share it (they were so expensive in Australia and New Zealand that we always had to share a cone and it is just not the same)

6. Homemade Breakfasts

7. Yogurt and Granola

8. Breakfast at Snooze (the best breakfast join in Colorado and maybe all the world)

9. Running (though it may not be that great when we have to run for the first time in 6 months at 6,000 feet)

10. NOT eating every meal out (it gets really hard to choose where to eat 3 times a day)

11. Good driving

12. Not having to pack and unpack

13. Clean clothes and ones we haven't been wearing the last 6 months straight

14. Safe, good meat

15. Fresh vegetables

16. Non-greasy or fried foods

17. Good safe water

18. Real toilets that we can put toilet paper in and sit down on

19. Whole wheat!!

20. Home made baked goods (baking for that matter in general)

21. Not wearing our valuable around our necks

22. Not being stared at all the time

23. Conditioner and a hair brush (Victoria sacrificed weight by bringing 2 in 1 and a comb and her hair that once was short and happy with 2 in 1 is no longer either)

24. Titus tuna (only Travis misses this, but for those who are unfamiliar it involves a LOT of mayo, hard boiled eggs, and a few other things...oh, and tuna).

25. Good clean air

26. And of course, the recorded voice of the Denver Mayor as you take the train in the Denver Airport from the terminal to baggage claim. That is when we will finally know that we are home.

T&V


p.s. Anyone who can help with any of the above items we will forever be grateful for!

Comments

1

I have Chipotle after every doctor appointment. Shoulda taken a picture of my meal for you yesterday. :) I feel your margarita pain, though.

  Rebecca Apr 23, 2011 12:07 AM

2

Okay, we found both good and bad Margaritas in Texas. The blender is working now Trav...... As for maple syrup, there should be enough in Mason now for several lifetimes. And of course there is plenty in Charlotte. We might be able to come up with some B&Js, too. So come on over real soon!

  MOB Apr 23, 2011 8:16 AM

About proneymooners

This is us!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.