Existing Member?

Two Love Birds Head Out To Spoil Their Wedding With An Early Honeymoon

The Begining to Trekking

USA | Tuesday, 9 November 2010 | Views [494] | Comments [6]

Hello from Namche Bazzar, a place you have to see to believe.  We are at over 11,00ft (practically sea-level for the locals)and the village is equipped with a hydro plant that powers all the trekkers fantasies.  This includes the internet we are using, hot showers, oh and an official Mountain Hardware clothing store.  You might think that all sounds pretty reasonable, but if you saw the hill we had to climb to get here and the fact the virtually everything come up on a porter's back (yes, that means the computer we am using right now) you would fell as impressed and blessed as we do.  


Anyway, internet is about $10 an hour so I will not tell all the stories now.  Suffice to say that the valley we are trekking up is truly breath-taking (for several reasons) and 20,000ft plus snow-capped peaks are everywhere.  Despite a tough start to the trekking for Travis who caught some SERIOUS food illness the night before we left and was not able to eat for several days, all is well and we head for higher ground tomorrow (and I guess you could say the next 12 days or so).


So long for now,

T & V

Comments

1

Sorry to hear that you got so sick, bud. Try not to come home a skeleton. I heard mom has her own bathroom at this place...must be pretty swanky! I hope Victoria is getting plenty of snacks and that you are all having fun!

  Rebecca Nov 10, 2010 3:53 AM

2

We are in total awe of the three of you. Jane has led us on some fantastic and hairy treks before, but peanuts compared to what you guys are facing. We expect that Travis is fully recovered and you are all functioning like a well oiled machine.

All our love from sea level.
M & M

  Mitch & Martha Nov 15, 2010 12:25 PM

3

Sorry to hear you are sick T$! Can't wait for the photos to come from your trek, be safe and enjoy!

  Rose Nov 17, 2010 12:00 PM

4

I'm purring, imaging y'all at 18,000 feet. Better you than this sea-level creature. Can't wait to hear your report.

Hugs.

  MOB Nov 21, 2010 2:32 AM

5

Dear Love Birds, Make sure to check your email from Prem!

  MOB Nov 23, 2010 10:05 AM

6

Im so jealous but thank you for allowing me to live through your adventures! Sound like an amazing trip and i cant wait to hear more!

  Katja Spitz Nov 23, 2010 3:19 PM

About proneymooners

This is us!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.