Existing Member?

Two Love Birds Head Out To Spoil Their Wedding With An Early Honeymoon

Howdy

USA | Thursday, 7 October 2010 | Views [657] | Comments [5]

Thanks for giving a darn about where we are and how we are doing!  Victoria and I are getting very excited about our 6-month trip in which we leave for in less than a month.  Some may ask what was in the water we were drinking to inspire us to take such a trip, and the answer is that we felt we had a window in our lives to drop everything and travel for an extended period of time.  Of course things then got complicated as we are now engaged and getting married a few months after returning.  Hence we are now calling this trip a Pre-Wedding Honeymoon, or proneymoon for short. 


We have spent the last several months planning our trip and can give you quick synopsis of where we are going:

- Nepal(3 weeks): Trekking to Everest Base Camp

- India(2 weeks): Lots of good food and seeing the Taj Mahal

- Southeast Asia(7 weeks): Bangkok, Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam

- Australia(4 weeks): East Coast and Tasmania

- New Zealand(5 weeks): Caravaning on the South Island

- China(4 weeks): Lots of places I can't even spell

Comments

1

My goodness...I am so happy for you too, as a newly wed, I can tell you that you guys are for sure doing it backwards in a really really good way. I'm sad to be losing Victoria (my OFL mentor who will be leaving me to fend for myself in the big world of volunteer coordination) but glad she'll be off doing what I can't. :-) Travis, heard a lot of good things about you and glad that she's going away with you.

  Mayra Oct 15, 2010 3:51 AM

2

I can't wait to be part of your travels. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Robin

  Robin Oct 23, 2010 2:10 AM

3

Have a great time and sleep in some indoor places for me.

  Dillon Oct 27, 2010 5:23 AM

4

Wishing you two all the best!!

If you are in Laos & Cambodia in January, let me know... Tacoma School of the Arts has a Service & Study program traveling with 30 students. Perhaps you could meet up with them?

  the hagmanns Oct 28, 2010 3:35 PM

5

Your headline sounds like it came from The Onion :-) Have a wonderful adventure!

  Cammy Oct 30, 2010 1:34 PM

About proneymooners

This is us!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.