Existing Member?

The Kurdistan Adventure How it began, what went down and the aftermath

How it began

IRAQ | Wednesday, 23 May 2007 | Views [455]

Dear Sven,
It is wonderful to hear from you and thank you for staying in touch. I have been thinking of moving to the Netherlands or Belgium while keeping a branch of my production company in Kurdistan. My reason is to find financing for my films in Europe as it has been very difficult here.

As for projects, coincidently I have one that can use your help. Two years ago I conducted a workshop for short filmmaking and it was followed by the first Iraqi short film festival. I am now preparing for the second workshop and festival. I need two film professionals/instructors for one month in June/July. I hope you would you be interested. The workshop will include 20 students (10 Kurds and 10 Arabs) from across Iraq. It will be hands-on where each student will have a short film made by the end of the course. The instructors will guide them through the process, covering all phases of filmmaking.
We will cover your travel, food and lodging expenses in addition to your fee. We have direct flights between Amsterdam and Kurdistan and as you know it is safe and secure in this part of Iraq. I look forward to hearing back from you. As for the idea of moving to Europe and finding co-producers, your opinion will be good.
Regards,
Jano

Tags: Adventures

About pretoriaan


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Iraq

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.