Existing Member?

travellista

My Scholarship entry - Understanding a Culture through Food

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 18 March 2012 | Views [190] | Scholarship Entry

What do we really want to know about the food the we eat on our table? Aside from the fact that we want it to be tasty and filling, do we really care where it came and the value and impact of it on our culture? For most of us, the answer is No. Few people care on the value or information of their food on the table. But knowing your food and experiencing what you want to eat and all the while enjoying it all are different aspects.

Just as my childhood memory serves me, I was forced feed to eat vegetables. But now, I like it without force feeding me. Which happens once in a blue moon. The horrors of life because I'm the youngest. Do what your elders told you. Including eat the food that they serve. No democracy at all! Well, that's the Filipino culture.

As you savor each bite of balut (chicken young eggs) did you know that it is part of the Philippine culture to eat these on a daily basis because they believe it is a good source of strength and vitality. Knowing this, would venture out and taste this mythical aspect of the chicken egg and experience it for yourself if its true?

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About prei


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.