Existing Member?

ninja monkey, the adventures of We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls ~ Anais Nin

Taj Mahal by night

INDIA | Thursday, 9 February 2012 | Views [1164] | Comments [1]

taj mahal by night

taj mahal by night

Yesterday, we made a quick stop in Agra to see the Taj Mahal both during the day and again that evening under the full moon. Yes, it lives up to the hype. During the day, we had a great tour guide who helped explain the history behind the monument and also pointed out the attention paid to detail and design. My favorite part was the night viewing, though, because we were in a group of 50 that could admire the Taj reflecting the moonlight. The picture above was taken around 8:45p with the shutter open for just over a second. Totally worth the cost (appx $13USD), but you can only buy tickets 24 hours in advance so plan ahead.

We've now arrived in Delhi. Props to BVK for recommending the Sham Nath Villa. It is a bed and breakfast in the heart of chaotic Delhi, but you would never guess that given how secluded the place feels. It has a quiet garden in the part of the city the British created in the early 1800s. And it is close to a park next to Delhi University -- for the first time this entire trip, we've seen people working out outside!


Tomorrow, we'll explore the madness that is Delhi before departing at 3a for Frankfurt. We are due to arrive back in the US at 2:15p. Hope you've enjoyed the blog, and I'll be posting pictures ASAP!

Comments

1

Of course Taj Mahal has its own attraction, that no other monument can offer in the world. Every one should be there once in a life time. This article will increase the attraction that Taj offer. Thank you all the writers of this article

  Riya Apr 17, 2012 5:07 PM

About predatorybunny


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.