Existing Member?

Porky and Buckwheat World Tour!

Firenze

ITALY | Monday, 11 May 2009 | Views [560]

After about 24 hours of travelling on a boat, bus and train! we finally got to florence, checked into our hostel - plus Florence and headed straight to the Bar without delay!

2 x beers and a few rounds of pool. as the night rolled on we started meeting some other fellow travellers and before you know it we had the party started on the dance floor. The Russian dance move and the Swinging Monkey made frequent appearances throughout the night. The night got even better when Nik found 200 Euros on the floor, and of course without hestition put 50 on each of her and hols Bar Cards and saved the rest for a fancy dinner the next night. (come on you.... dont judge... we know you would of done the same!) as usual we were the last to leave the bar at about 4:30am plus we were booked onto a food and wine tour first thing in the morning so got a few hours of shut eye. The alarm went off a few hours later, and still fairly drunk we headed off for our tour. Nikky did warn the tour guide we were still drunk, but he still gave us free glasses of red wine, which was just a top up! The food we tasted was amazing especaially the parmasen cheese and Home made balsamic Vingear!.... the samples were so yummy that nik bought a whole vacumm packed bag of artichoke hearts, pickled garlic and wild strawberries. what a combination!!

The alcohol war off soon after the tour, and we sat on the roof top of our hostel enjoying the sun for the rest of the afternoon... snaking on our garlic and artihokes! . We decided to spoil ourselves that night with our findnings... and headed off to the highly recommeded returant 4 Leoni. On the walk there, we did a spot of shopping where nik purchased some shoes, t shirt and leather jacket... and Hol and Nik both bought leather belts. we walked through the square with all the statues, and sat down and watched some hilarious street performer! we got caught up and ended up watching for about 40 mins, before we headed to the resturant.

At the resturant we were given 2 glasses of free champaige.... and you know us, of course we bought a whole bottle. we orded Bruchetta for an entre, by far the best we have EVER tasted!

Nik ordered the pear Raviolli, which was the best meal ever! and hol ordered the steak, as she has been diprived of steak for 18 months.... (those who have lived in London will know what i am talking about). Even nik commented on how amazing it looked, and she is a Vegetarian!

This resturant was absolutly amazing... one of the best we have ever eaten at. Highly recommened for anyone going to florence!

The next day we decided to go on a day trip to a town just outside of Florence, San Giamnono a cute little medieval town.

we went for a hike and saw panoramic views of Vine yards and hills.... but lets face facts were were really there to try the worlds best Gilato which has won 2 years in a row! Nik had a passionfruit and white Cholocte. Porky pig had Vino (had to try wine flavoured ice cream of course!), saffron cream, and the speciality. It was definatly up there with the best Gilati ever!

when we got back to the hostel, we thought we would try out the sauna. whille we were sweating, Hol had her BSN for the day, and turned to Nik and said.... hey babe, can i get sunburnt in here! Nik almost lost it in Histarics! After the sauna, we again went back to the bar and had another massive night. we were told the night before had been dead, and the bar staff were excited to see us back!

Hol had a dacne of with the DJ, while Nik took over the DJ Box... with some of the house favourtites such as the Gambler and Jon Bon Jovi.

The night ended with us having a gladiator resslle in the elevator, cause Nik was telling Hol how much stonger she was! as usual, Hol came out worse off! i'll get her one day!

The next day we explored Florence. we wernt to the Accamdemia to see the famous David which we thought had a strikining resemblence to our housemate and good friend Gubby! It was pretty amazing to see and worth the line up. Nik managed to get a few sneaky photos, espceically one of Davids Butt!

after that we did some more shopping, and started on the walk up to the Piazza Michelangelo for amazing, spectacular panoramic views back over the whole of Florence, It was beautiful.

We headed back down and because we were now addicted to the amazing food, we decided to treat ourselves to another nice dinner at a recommeneded resturant.

This time, we had the most amazing entre, which was Buffello Monzerlla Balls with Honey, marmale and Grapfruit. It was like something we had never tasted in our lives! soooooo amazing! the rest of the meal was great! and another highly recommeneded! especially with the free sample patter and unlimited champers!

No bar that night, we hit the sack early as the next morining we had booked to go on a Vespa tour through Tuscany!

we woke up pretty excited.... and after a short drive into the country we stopped at some stables to drop off some horse riders. there was one horse, which was absolutly stunning... Nik was patting it quite a lot and Hol repeated warned her that the horse looked a bit angry! she was like Nahhhhh its fine! when she walked away and turned her back, the horse leant out and Bit her on the arm! Lucikly she was wearing her brand new leather jacket and walkked away with only a bruise. what a bitch of a horse!

next we went to pick up our vespas, and had a short lesson. Both picked it up quick as and were ready to hit the road.

we cruised around....for a couple of hours.... with amazing views of the Tuscan hills and vine yards as we drove. we stopped for lunch at a castle on top of the hill, where we were given about 5 glasses of free wine! we seemed to have a but more confience on the bikes after a few vinos... and we contined our tour! was amazing.

On the way back to the Hostel in the bus after we had retired our vespas for the day, we cranked the music and had kareoke and dance lessons one the road trip back! the next day was time to leave, so we once again packed up our packs, and were ready to move onto rome!

B.S.H: So we are sitting in the sauna and hol turns to nik and says ''Hey babe will i get sunburnt in here'' nik could not believe this... of course Hol... the uv rays are pretty strong in here today.. u better put your sunscreen on!

About porksbuck


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.