Existing Member?

Sarah and Jason's year long honeymoon

Phuket..still..

THAILAND | Wednesday, 24 March 2010 | Views [620] | Comments [3]

Us on Promthep Cape

Us on Promthep Cape

Still haven’t done much other than sitting by the pool or on the beach but loving the fact that we are not doing a single thing. The biggest decision of the day is what to eat and where to eat. We have managed to find this little alley way with 7 or so restaurants all of which we wouldn’t usually touch with a ten foot barge pole in Sydney but it had been recommended to us by the local tranny so we must oblige! Anyway have eaten there for the past few nights and 2 nights ago Jason decided to have a seafood feast ordering a seafood red curry, a pot of mussels, a huge crab and 4 huge oysters. I think we were first attracted to this place by the owner who has 3 inch hairs randomly protruding from his face and about as big as the oysters Jason ordered (see photo attached photo!)

The next day we actually did something and hired a motorbike, the same as Jason’s old one in Sydney, to tour the island. At first it was a bit scary weaving in and out of the Patong Beach traffic but once on the open road we had a blast. Well until I decided to put the back of my leg against the exhaust and I swear I have a 3rd degree burn which has now blistered slightly and getting zero sympathy from Jason... and of course it was his fault! Anyway managed to find the temple we were hunting for, Wat Prah Thang, which was very pleasant and even had a museum, of what we weren’t sure as it had 80’s telephones through to shoes Chinese women were forced to wear 200 yrs back. Rather random but very interesting. We then headed to the Phra Thong national park to the ton Sai waterfall which we had to treck through the jungle to find but was really worth it.  We then headed south to Wat Chalong which was another temple and a lot bigger than the first and had masses of rabid dogs which of course I found cute, Jase just couldn’t see it.

On the way to Rawai beach and Promthep Cape, we quickly stopped by the Bug Budda of Phuket which was all uphill and thank god we had a motorbike otherwise i don’t know how a moped would have got us both to the top. Great views overlooking the island even though i was sweltering with a beach towel around me as I forgot to bring something to cover up my shoulders.

At last we arrived at Rawai Beach which ended up being more of a fishing village than a beach so after a little argument over directions, headed to Nai Harn beach which was just perfect. The sun was setting but managed to grab a quick dip before heading to Promthep Cape to watch the sunset over the beach with a tiger beer and a daiquiri. All in all a great day other than the burn to my leg and the bike riders sunburnt knees.

After yesterday we decided to have our last day in Patong by the pool and at the cinema to recover from such a gruelling day.

Sarah

Comments

1

Sounds like you're having quite the adventure! Photo looks beautiful. I'm very jealous!!

  Ben Mar 25, 2010 7:21 AM

2

Awesome! I can't believe you guys had the guts to drive around on a motor bike! Did you pick up a few thai kids on the way so you could really fit in and have like 6 people on the motorbike?

The photos are great! Things in Sydney are the SAME! Keep having fun and updating us on your amazing year long adventure!

xxx miss you heaps

  Jacs Mar 25, 2010 9:41 AM

3

Sorry I missed your call, We were at a pub gig in Wagga and didn't hear you ring. try again soon?
Wuv You! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

  Meeeehhhhrrrr Mar 28, 2010 12:31 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.