Existing Member?

The Intrepid Adventurizing

Hello Penang!

THAILAND | Tuesday, 23 March 2010 | Views [318]

So after a fairly epic journey down here (night bus to BKK, hours at Hualamphong Train Station, 24 hour train journey to Butterworth involving a border crossing and some rather loud snoring from the men next to me, ferry across to Penang), I finally arrived in Georgetown, to my new home for the next 3 monthsish (if all goes well).

The house is amazing, which is a total understatement (if you want to be jealous have a look at this: http://www.chinatiger.info/), and I have a lovely room with a big bed, air-con and ensuite, right in the middle of Little India which is a wicked place to be. I haven't been out exploring much yet, but I definitely will from tomorrow. There's loads of historical buildings, museums etc to see in Georgetown, and I'm going to do my best to see them all.

I'm generally free in the day time, apart from helping out with some UNESCO lobbying, and then in the evenings I get to hang out with Tessa, who's an awesome 12 year old, and we play Bananagrams (you have to check this out if you've never come across it!) and Monopoly, and veg out in front of the tv together. This afternoon we're going swimming, and we might sign up for a dance class together which'd be awesome fun. Scarily though I have to start picking her up from school which requires me to drive the automatic BMW...fingers crossed eh?! 

Anyway fun times are being had, although I do miss my Mae Sot buddies. The fact that there's a Topshop here maybe makes up for that a little bit...!

Lots love X

About polly

'Climbing'

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.