Existing Member?

The Intrepid Adventurizing

Merry Christmas everyone

THAILAND | Thursday, 24 December 2009 | Views [497] | Comments [1]

I'm just about to head back to Mae Sot after spending 4 days in Chiang Mai enjoying air conditioning, HBO, hot showers and lots of Western food. Yumski. And a good way to recover from a whiskey-filled weekend. It was Vrouyr's last few days volunteering so we had to send him off in style, which apparently meant lots of drinking and singing old Armenian folk-songs. You can't make this stuff up.

This week I was at a workshop on gender mainstreaming and migrant workers which was really interesting and I learned loads. A few of them were huuuuge communists but it was actually great to look at the situation here from a totally different perspective, even if I didn't agree with all of it.

And now I'm going back for Xmas, there'll be about 5 or 6 of us I think, and we're going to hang around at the house watching dvds and then go out for some Thai BBQ I think. So un-Christmassy, but we figured we'd never be able to make it like home so there was not point even attempting! I'm being charged with making Banoffee Pie though, so at least there'll be some form of cake...

Hope you all having a wonderfully snow-filled time, I can't believe I'm missing the first white Christmas in about a thousand years. I'm gutted. Still, the sunshine helps to ease the pain.

Lots of love xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

1

Its not white in Devon (c-c-coooold though)

  Dragan Dec 26, 2009 2:56 AM

About polly

'Climbing'

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.