Existing Member?

Wonderings of a Wanderer eandering through foreign lands, whose people speak in tongues unknown... I seek to learn and understand cultures, customs not my own… I yearn to learn, to see, expand, my knowledge as I wander, roam… To visit places, see first-hand the lands tha

Snowing in Bariloche

ARGENTINA | Wednesday, 16 May 2007 | Views [728] | Comments [1]

Hola!  Well I'm in Argentina now.  I must say, the border crossing from Puerto Varas, Chile to Bariloche, Argentina was spectacular.  Beautiful snow capped mountains... forests... winding roads.  Lovely.

Bariloche... first impression was - freezing!!  We are staying at another hostel, four girls to a room at the moment.  Not sure re the guys, I think they spend most of their nights out anyway!

We went for a wander today... I didn't quite realise that I would encounter snow, otherwise I probably would've bailed out and stayed snug in bed!  8am and it is still dark here.  But it was nice to see the snow, so clean, the flakes so small.  No photos of that though, sorry, my camera charger died.  But have since purchased a new one... no time for delay on a trip like this!

Tomorrow maybe some hiking and then we tackle the 22 hour bus trip to Buenos Airies...

Cheers all, thanks for the comments... oh and by the way, the itinerary placed earlier in my comments section is a rough guide only.  I believe we are a few days behind.  I am also now officially half way through the trip. Ciao!

Mez

Tags: Mountains

Comments

1

You liked the snow? Welcome in Canada.
I am happy that you enjoy the beautifull mountains and snow peaks.Have fun in Buenos Aieris.
I am on the work.
Bye take care.
Ben!

  Benito May 16, 2007 11:56 AM

About pistachio_tumbleweed

Townsville skies... manipulated

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.