Existing Member?

Pirates of the Cam Logbook

Good morning, Vietnam.

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 20 July 2010 | Views [361]

Nha Trang beach

Nha Trang beach

It's 10:30 AM, day 5 in the Socialist Republic of Vietnam. Socialist in name only, seeing as it has the most business-minded people we've seen on this trip so far, but the hammer-and-sickle banners all around Saigon (now Ho Chi Minh City) make for an exotic touch. We went to the War Remnants museum, formerly known as The House for Displaying War Crimes of American Imperialism and learned much about the atrocities of the US operations in Vietnam. Disturbing as it was, it was pretty hard not to smirk at the captions being more or less "American soldiers doing this and that to Vietnamese patriots". Also, if there is one thing our travel guides were right about it's this one: the food in Vietnam is AMAZING.

After a day and a half in Saigon we went to Nha Trang, a beach resort that has it all (of which we mostly used the beach, sailng and scuba diving but Ralf and Nora mentioned that already. Aaaa, scuba diving in the Pacific, how jealous are you? :P) All, including all kinds of insects in the otherwise comfortable room. Tonight we're heading off to Hoi An which is supposed to have a stunning old town and a famous silk market.

To clarify: we have THOUSANDS of photos but not much internet time and it takes ages to upload them. They will make their way here and to facebook eventually but it might be after we're back. And speaking of facebook, the hostel blocks it so the best way to contact me is e-mail. Plus I have no roaming.

-Eva

 

About pirates_of_the_cam

The Pirate Crew (with 2 of the missing crew members)

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.