Existing Member?

tales from my trip This is the tale of a 30yr old blonde northerner, who snorts when she laughs(we all have our afflictions i just happen to have 3!!) trip around the world! well not quite all of it but a bit of it!

buddas, thai, and two fit americans!

THAILAND | Wednesday, 24 September 2008 | Views [475]

24th Sept 2008

Today was A MAZE ING!!!

I was met at a hotel by a Thai lady called Thai, she introducved me to my two buddys for the day, 2 very fit men, they were travel journalists from the USA.

We walked from Koh San to the river and caught a traditional long boat at the dock, was soooooo scary getting in, as the boat was drifting away from the whalf! As we set off we were givern life vests to wear,  (Oh god what had I got myself into?) The boat then set off for the opposite bank, we were soon out of the big river in a much calmer canal, it was amazing to see all the houses on stilts, and the coffee boat sailing past! I even fed the lucky catfish outside one of the temples, the little Thai man had buckets with bread in which he hoisted to your boat and you put the money for the bread in to the bucket! all the time he was looking excited and shouting "catfish catfish" and pointing to the water!!

After the boat trip we headed to the Grand Palace. It was breathtaking. The shear splendour of the buildings and the colours and the sparkle! While we were there we saw the Emerald Buddah, your not allowed to take photos of it though as its really sacred to thai buddists, so i bought a postcard of it! was taking some really great photos and then my damn battery ran out on my camera! was really miffed as there was so much i wanted to take photos of!

We were then taken by TUK TUK (I want one they are sooooooo cool) to a cafe for lunch. After Lunch we headed to Wat Pao to see the Reclining Buddah, it was massive but incredibly impressive, the carvings in the feet of it were inlaid with mother of pearl, which looked amazing! While we were there we saw more buddahs, buddahs, buddahs, oh and some more buddahs, every one was different it was like playing spot the matching pair!!

When I got back to the Koh San RD I went and booked my Bus and Boat ticket to Koh Tao, I leave @ 6am thurs 26th and will arrive on koh tao at about 2.30 that day!!

tomorrow I am going to go explore the national museum and see all the national treasures!

laters

pies x


Tags: buddahs

About piesontour


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.