Existing Member?

Living the Dream

It’s cold here, but still very exciting

INDONESIA | Thursday, 15 December 2011 | Views [261]

We landed at the nice hour of 6am and it takes almost 45mins to get off the plane and get to our bags. And WOW was it cold. Both Gobey and me couldn’t get our jackets on quick enough. We went from 33C in Timika to 32C in Bali to a brisk 6C in London Heathrow.  But no time to hang about we have the car to collect and get on the road.

We get the car and it’s nice. Range Rover V8 Sport all leather and in black. Gobey wants this car (me on the other wasn’t bothered) but I will admit it’s nice. We load the car up and head out of Heathrow for Norwich. We are hoping to be in Norwich for 11am to collect Leah, but I still don’t feel well and I don’t know who long I can last in the car without being sick. Fingers crossed I last the 4 hours.

We arrive at school and the lady in reception goes to get Leah from class. While we are standing in reception there is a contractor in measuring the floor to replace tiles. So as we are standing there waiting Leah when she comes out, walks straight past us till Gobey says ‘Leah are you not looking?’. She was way too busy looking at the floor to notice anything else. But she was more than happy to see us both.

Back in the car and we are on the road to Gloucester. We have planned to stay at Auntie Pauline and Uncle Andy’s for the night so in the morning we can head to Uncle Ian to talk about the wedding in June before hitting the road to Blackpool. While in the car Gobey gives me the lovely job of telling Leah we are not getting on a plane to Aberdeen but for the next 4 days we are driving to Gloucester, Blackpool and then to Aberdeen.

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.