Existing Member?

Penguin's World Adventures One small step for mankind, but a giant leap for a penguin!

First stop Toronto!

CANADA | Tuesday, 31 July 2007 | Views [321] | Comments [1]

Well it's coming up to midnight on my third full day in Canada & wow! What fun I've ahd already.

My first two days (Sat/Sun) were spent acclimatising myself to Canada, in particular Toronto. What a swell city this is. I spent both days walkig around thje city, in facts it's yhe most walking I've done for years - I'm amazed myu legs are still working!! On Sunday I went over to Toronto Islands & as it was sooo! hot I ended up near the beach in the beachside bar sharing a few bottles of ice cold beer with a born & bred Torontoian (Is that what you call them? What agreat way to spend a hot Sunday afternoon, just chillin' out - what a life!

Today, well that was taken up with a visit to Niagara Falls. What a spectacular wonder of nature - well worth a visit. I managed to see them from land, boat (on The Maid of the Mist) & air (helicopter). All were equally special, allowing you to appreciate the beauty of the Falls from different perspectives. Also I was there to see the Falls at night when you getv the coloured light display - also quite impressive!

The one think of interest to note is how just away from the beauty of the Falls how man has managed to build so many 'touristy' shops/arcades ...etc - all pretty tacky!! But what the heck, they are there only if you want to visit them, they can't lessen the effect of the actual Falls.

Well that's all folks! for today, as Looney Tunes might say!

Will be back soon with next step in penguin's BIG ADVENTURE!

Tags: Sightseeing

 

Comments

1

While you're still at Toronto, go to the Ontario Place.
Get soaked with the gaint bucket in Soak City. There is even an arcade but first you need to get some coins.There is lots of convenience, 5 to be exact. Hope to see you there soon!

  haozhou Aug 1, 2007 11:52 AM

About penguinman


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.