Existing Member?

The beginning

Tha Ton & Chiang Rai

THAILAND | Thursday, 26 April 2007 | Views [416]

Saturday 21st April 2007

Really not exciting bus journey to Tha Ton from Chiang Mai.  Spent 4 hours with sweat running down the back of the seat - not nice!  Tha ton was tiny and all we really did was walk and see the big white Buddha and a few of the other statues that were on the hill there before chilling out, watching the Night in the Museum in Thai and watching one of the guys I'm travelling with eat stir-fried frog.  Then there was the usual sit around and talk absolute rubbish for ages, has to be done though.

Sunday 22nd - Monday 23rd April 2007

Had a whirlwind tour of the Golden Triangle area.  I didn't want to cross into Burma/Myanmar so walked up the hill and saw a sculpture of a giant black scorpian and grabbed some lunch.  We then stopped off at the Opium Museum before heading to Chiang Rai.  Had a wander and ended up at the night market where we tried some silk worms and grasshoppers - didn't taste that bad actually, although the silk worms were a little squishy for my liking.

Visited the Tee Pee Bar, which I loved!  I wish there was one back home.  It had such a cool atmosphere and a very good mix of music, went back there the second night too.  Only other thing I did was visit the Hill Tribe Museum which was very interesting and the people that run it are doing some very valuable work.

Tags: Food & eating

About peggy_sue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.