Existing Member?

The beginning

Chiang Mai & Hill Tribe Trek

THAILAND | Monday, 23 April 2007 | Views [549]

Had a lazy day wandering round Chiang Mai, drifting into temples, wandering the streets, thinking about food... the usual.  In fact that was pretty much all we did!  In the evening we did some shopping at the night bazaar and then went to see a Muay Thai fight (Thai boxing).

First day of trekking I found so hard.  We were walking through the hottest part of the day in areas that didn't have much shade and the terrain was very steep.  Still, we only ended up trekking for about 3 hours so we obviously kept up a good pace.  The subsequent 2 days were a lot easier and I was actually able to walk and talk again!  We stayed in 2 amazing places completely in the middle of nowhere.  We were washing in the nearby streams, playing card games by candle light and actually able to see the stars.  Beautiful.

When I got back to Chiang Mai I treated myself to a foot massage - which was so good!  I keep meaning to do it again but haven't got round to it yet!  I made to the Thai cooking class which was brilliant and so much fun.  It was all so simple but very tasty, although I did have a few added charcoal bits in my first dish - oops!  In the afternoon we got a transfer to another hotel which had a swimming pool and chilled out for the afternoon.  Had short wander round the night bazaar then head to a bar to grab food and played a few games of pool, well obviously I only attempted to!  All in all a good end to an indulgent day!

Tags: Relaxation

About peggy_sue


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.