Existing Member?

Preema works with street children in the YMCA My journey in India!!!!

Long weekend!

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 27 January 2009 | Views [1359] | Comments [5]

Hello there!

So its my second week here now and things are really good out here. I really dont miss london at the moment- there is so much more to do here, im always meeting people and am out all day and you cant complain when the weather is so nice and hot! At the same time - i do think of you all and miss you!

Last weekend was a long weekend here so i decided to take off to mysore for the day with Vishal. The journey took over 2 1/2 hours because of the traffic.We went to see the palaces and took a guided tour. Mysore is a beautiful place and has a lot of character. Went for lunch to a stunning hotel called metropole and had a lovely lunch buffet outside. I have been stuffing my face with so much food- everyone just wants to feed me and take me for lunches, coffees and deserts!! Its tempting to get carried away and try everything but im still weary where i eat meat. I have started drinking filtered water now in homes and in some resteraunts. Sometimes its all in the mind! Touch wood i havent got ill yet. Here and there my stomach has made some funny noises and has felt uncomfortable but it hasnt lasted for more than a couple of hours.

Aparna (cousin) is back from bombay now and we went for lunch at the leela palace hotel yday. What a hotel- its amazing! The selection of food is crazy!! Karishma (cousin) is back today so we will be picking her from the airport and will probably just all get together and eat/drink like they love to do here!! Everyone is just so warm here and they really know how to look after their guests. Just hope we can do the same for them!

It was a nice surprise to see my picture in the bangalore times paper yday morning! It was taken on the night i went for the club launch. They put my pic  in the paper alongside some other industry people and described me as "bringing colour to the party in my floral dress" haha. Will upload that picture on here in a couple of days.

Right there isnt much more to update at the moment. Im back at work tomorrow and am looking forward to having some fun with the kids. Yday was a public holiday here and today i didnt go to work as they took the kids on an overnight trip yesterday.

Figo (dog) is jumping all over me and wants to play so will catch up again soon. Hope you are all well- thanks for all your messages!!

Lots of love

Comments

1

Good to know you r having fun Preema. make most of it while you can. Dont let the cousins pay all the time, will you? Yes its a very hospitable place and particularly the younger ones!! Lots of love to them all and malu fui and masi too.
We were discussing the other day at Kiru s, you might as well extend or move on to another charity place elaswhere and take a bit of experience of India for a longer period, dont you think ? You dont have a job to come back to here anyway. Do discuss with Mum n Dad.
All well here and cold and miserable!!

  Manoj Chande Jan 28, 2009 12:32 AM

2

Welldone! Preemu fame with work sounds just the right balance.Make the most of it while your adrenaline levels are high but don't deplete your energy levels.
Take care of yourself.Let the food not take a toll on that sensitive stomach lining!!Detox when possible.
Lots of love
malamami
PS- love reading your blogs!

  Mala Morjaria Jan 28, 2009 1:03 AM

3

Absolutely love reading the blog darling
keep it up and enjoy it while you can
London is dismal as everyone has already told you, you're lucky to be in the sun with the amazing food and wonderful company.
the pictures with the children are just adorable, please upload more when you get the chance. and of course, please do let us see this floral number that has got tongues wagging amongst the papparazzi!!
miss you lots and can't wait to hear more.
Big hello to the cousins and family out there
Loves,
Pxxx

  Priya Chande Jan 28, 2009 2:15 AM

4

Hey Premilal

Just caught up on your blog, seems like your really having one of those lifetime experiences and making the absolute most of it..well done! Great pictures, these kids clearly cant get enough of you.
Glad you've decided to go back to work, after a nice week of stuffing your face from all these lunches and dinners, courtesy of your companions..lol, - watch the weight though yea, unless we're expecting you to come back 20 pounds larger.
Brilliant cause- keep up the good work, and keep us regularly updated.

Amar

  Amar Morjaria Jan 29, 2009 9:52 AM

5

hey glad to knw that uve settled in well..so lemme knw when your free nxt week n we shall meet up..go for dinner or to lounge.. all "chande" cousins meetin up!! sounds really cool..lookin fwd.. call me!!

  monisha chande Jan 30, 2009 1:07 AM

About pchande


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.