Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

Week Ending 20/01/2013 Albany (Emu Point)

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 20 January 2013 | Views [303]

This week, with the job hunting out of the way I rode into town for the ukelele club meeting on the Monday night which was great fun and very relaxed.

On the Friday night when I was finishing off something at work after everyone else had left (some things never change) the cleaner suggested I go home and have a social life which I heeded even though I didnt know anyone outside work to socialise with!

However the only other person in the shower block while I was preparing to go into town to see some live music on my own, was Linda a lady from Bunbury, who decided to join me and a great night was had at the Star Hotel together with Tommo a 3rd orphan, listening to the amazing guitar talents of Andrew Winton(Tim's brother). During the evening I discovered that Linda played a Backpacker's Guitar (long and skinny) and flute so on Saturday the 3 of us had lunch in town, a jam session on Saturday afternoon, and a combined dinner effort in the camp kitchen. I played a few tunes on my ukulele much to the delight of the children and we met some of the other caravan park residents.

On Sunday afternoon, Tommo and I went out of town to the King River Tavern where they had a local band and chalkboard for new performers to try their acts in front of an audience. It was a great afternoon. And all in all a very social weekend stemming from one comment made by the cleaner!

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.