Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

Week Ending 13/01/2013 Albany (Emu Point)

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 13 January 2013 | Views [286]

My goal was to find work within 1 week despite the so called bleak prospects so I registered with some small agencies on day 1, called the Albany Hospital and sent in my resume on day 2, attended an interview at the hospital on day 3 and started my casual position in Medical Records Administration on day 4 (10th Jan). I had to make a mad dash by bicycle to St Vinnies on the way to the interview to get something more suitable to wear besides cycling clothes and pinned the trousers up as they were too long and there was no time for making alterations. I am very grateful for my first position in the health system and to be part of the move to a new hospital over the coming months and even though my job is a bit mundane and repetitive I am enjoying it and the social interaction it provides.

I found out at the interview that Steve who runs the local ukulele club also works at the hospital.

One great thing about this job is that it's only 5 kms from Emu Point and I ride on bicycle tracks along the beach, passed some horse training paddocks and via bush tracks all the way to work in about 25 minutes, with undercover parking and a shower when I arrive. Sometimes I even get time to sit on the beach before I leave home so it's a peaceful way to start the day. Even though the hospital is at the top of a hill, there's a good IGA near there that stays open late so I can do my grocery shopping and roll most of the way home in what is usually a tail wind. 

 

 

 

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.