Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

12/12/2012 Port Neill to Tumby Bay [43km / T 381]

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 12 December 2012 | Views [1705]

Left Port Neill at 6.15am to avoid riding in the heat of the day. I made pretty good time and rode the 43 kms in 3.75 hours arriving at 10am and stopping on the Lincoln highway to fix some breakfast at a wayside stop. There's not much shoulder to ride on these roads, but luckily the traffic was not too heavy.

I checked into the Tumby Bay Caravan park and had a swim at the beach near the pier. Tumby Bay was named by explorer Matthew Flinders after a parish in his home town in Lincolnshire , England. 

Tumby Bay

In the afternoon I visited the Feral Fish Factory Gallery of Tony Jordan who used to be a fisherman but is now an artist making great metal fish sculptures.

Feral Fish Factory Gallery

At the caravan park some other campers Margurite and Ken invited me for a great meal of spaghetti bolognaise, I had coffee with Craig another permanent camper and a couple Nadine and Luke gave me some beautiful freshly caught and cooked seafood and invited me to visit them at their home near Coffin Bay.

Pelican at Tumby Bay

Pelican at Tumby Bay

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.