Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

13/12/2012 Tumby Bay to Port Lincoln [50km / T 431]

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 13 December 2012 | Views [458]

Left Tumby Bay at 6.15am as the forecast was for a hot day with winds getting up around 1pm.

Dawn at Tumby Bay

The temperature was actually quite cool and the winds manageable until I reached the Louth bay turnoff 20km from Port Lincoln then the wind really started to pick up and I tossed up whether to continue or stop for the night. I decided to push on even though the winds were above 30kph with strong gusts. Craig who I'd met at the Tumby Bay caravan park stopped to say hi on his way to Port Lincoln.

I took the Parnkalla Trail, a rough track along the coast starting at North Shields and taking me the last 12km into Port Lincoln on the shores of Boston Bay. The Parnkalla Trail was named after the indigenous land owners before white settlement in the 1830s and provided good views and some shelter from the wind after clocking myself at only 4kph at North Shields!

When I arrived in Port Lincoln I was met by Ross and Ellen, friends of Linda's and went to their home for sandwiches, a hot cuppa and a shower, and my first ukelele lesson.

Later in the afternoon I continued up the hill to Linda's place and helped clean out the garage which was to become my sleeping quarters for the next few weeks. 

Arriving at Port Lincoln

Arriving at Port Lincoln

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.