Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

06/12/2012 Moonta Bay to Wallaroo via Port Hughes and Moonta, Yorker Peninsula [20km / T 234]

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 6 December 2012 | Views [495]

Left Moonta Bay for Port Hughes, a couple of kms down the road, with good views back along the coastline from where I had come, before heading into the quaint township of Moonta and the bike shop to pick up a tube. Craig at Moonta Cycles was very helpful and friendly and we had a good long chat about my gear set up and the daily challenges and benefits of being on the road.

A friendly guy in the park gave me some information about the back roads to Wallaroo, and I headed off after relaxing in the beautiful park there with its enormous trees.

I travelled along the corrugated gravel road for about 15kms passing the grain fields again, with the grain trucks wizzing up and down the main road in the distance, before reaching the big grain silos and bunkers just outside Wallaroo, then folowing the coast into town. I checked into the Weeroona Hotel again so I could be on my way early to catch the 8am ferry to Lucky Bay and hopefully get to Cowell early as the forecast is 36 degrees.

After a supermarket run and a good meal at the pub, I spent some time chatting to the grain truck drivers and other staff from the silos before turning in.

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.