Existing Member?

Rolling Adventures Pauline's Adventures

01/07/2013 Dampier (near Karratha)

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 1 July 2013 | Views [382]

In the morning Steve kindly showed me how to check my air filter as it can become blocked when doing a lot of dirt roads, then we headed into Karratha and after brunch with Peter, shopping and getting some info from the visitors centre we exchanged contact details, and went our separate ways as the group is heading south towards Exmouth and I am looking at staying on here in Karratha for a short while and looking for work.  

At the visitors centre I updated my resume and emailed it to all the agencies in town. The cheapest accommodation was a small council run caravan park opposite the port area in nearby Dampier at $22 per site (as opposed to between $40-$50 in Karratha) so I headed there. After doing my washing and giving my car a bucket wash I heard from the group again to say they had hit a snag with their 4WD afternoon and free camp plans, and were heading my way, so with a bit of shuffling we managed to get them all into the van park with Scott in the rooftop tent sharing my site, and we headed off to the pub for dinner via the courtesy bus.

The nearby port is the point where the Pilbara ore trains unload onto ships for export so it was a hive of activity all night but good to see the process from mine to export.

About pauline

Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.